How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer."
At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job.?
Position Title: Patient Services Manager, Part Time
Job Location : Connecticut Chapter, Wilton, CT
Responsibilities : In assigned chapter territory, Patient Services Manager will:
- Oversee patient services programs, which include Family Support Groups, Patient Financial Aid Program, First Connection and other programs as developed.
- Lead Chapter efforts to provide community outreach, educational seminars, information and referral, coordination of grassroots advocacy activities and volunteer development.
- Offer assessment and overall psychosocial support to Chapter patients and family members. Works under the supervision of the chapter Executive Director or assigned staff.
- Serve as liaison with community and regional oncology/hematology health professionals and treatment centers.
- Evaluate patient services needs in the chapter territory via community assessments.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement educational programs within the chapter territory.
- Maintain Patient Services database with relevant program and patient information.
- Consult with Patient Services Field Managers for development of Patient Services Programs.
- Build patient services/professional advisory committees to develop relationships between local oncology professionals and the Chapter, and to assist in the development and evaluation of programs.
- Recruit and provide training to volunteers to assist with patient services programs and chapter events.
- Identify and provide information and referral on local resources and patient referrals.
- Communicate and articulate legislative strategies and goals (advocacy training will be provided).
- Utilize database to respond to legislative alerts and to develop and evaluate programs.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain Chapter grassroots advocacy network and serve as the point of contact for disseminating legislative information and calls to action to the network and other appropriate audiences.
- Provide local communications support for all of the above program activities.
- Other activities deemed appropriate by Executive Director that will promote and enhance patient services throughout the chapter territory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements : The ideal candidate for this position has at least a BA or BS in Nursing, Social Work, or a health related discipline (Masters Degree strongly preferred), and at least 3 years experience in program development and implementation within the healthcare milieu.
The candidate should have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong working relationships with volunteers and collaborative relationships with healthcare facilities and community organizations. Multi-tasking is part of the job, so the ability to manage multiple projects using strong problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills is crucial.
The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and databases. Ability to travel within assigned chapter territory, as well as work occasional nights/weekends is necessary.
Bilingual strongly preferred.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
372 Danbury Road, Ste 200
Wilton, CT 06897
To apply on-line, go to:
Patient Service Manager - Connecticut Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 14 months ago