Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities in assigned area as well as stocks supplies. Supportive of Village mission and values.
- Check Housekeeping phone voice mail for any messages from Housekeeping associates who are calling in or from the Housekeeping Supervisor with specific voice instructions for the evening.
- Provide weekly inventory to the Housekeeping Supervisor for all housekeeping supplies for weekly orders.
- First response to all overhead housekeeping needs. Provide any needed immediate assistance.
- Empties trash from assigned area, then takes trash collected to outdoor compactor.
- Cleans halls, dining areas, basement areas, stairs and outdoors parking areas.
- Carries boxes of supplies from dock area to basement storage on a weekly basis.
- On call for emergency clean ups.
- Performs general housekeeper duties when there is a shortage of personnel.
- May carry resident furniture and personal belongings if assistance is needed.
- May carry soiled linen to laundry.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS • One year housekeeping experience required. • Beginner level keyboarding skills. • Beginner level Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals. • Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence. • Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. • Ability to deal with routine, standard situations with only occasional or no variations. PYSICAL REQUIREMENTS • Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or squatting with occasional flexibility in changing positions. • Uses sedentary strength lifting, carrying object(s), pushing or pulling object(s). • Sitting, reaching, handling, fingering. • Talking, hearing, seeing, using near and far acuity. • Uses depth perception, peripheral vision and performing activities that require sharp visual focus.
4pm - 12:30am
John Knox Village - 2 years ago
At John Knox Village, we pride ourselves on being one of the premier active retirement communities in the nation. As such, we realize there...