The Transportation Planner will be a member of a team responsible for planning and executing Company shipments daily across all business platforms. Typical daily load volumes under management by this role will be 125 - 250 depending on complexity and based upon business needs. As a member of a regional transportation management team, this person will be responsible for:
• Adhering to the company routing guide for tendering of loads
• Communicating the status of area throughout the day with manager and peers
• Participating in conference calls to discuss operational activities in the area
• Communicating daily with internal and external parties including customer service, carrier vendors and customer representatives
• Monitor shipment status and resolve issues to ensure the timely delivery of loads
• Performing additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent combination of required work experience and some education related to the transportation and logistics field.
• Minimum of two (2) years' experience with transportation/supply chain responsibilities required.
• One (1) year SAP experience preferred.
• SAP IBT and/or SNP preferred.
• Knowledge of transportation planning systems and execution processes preferred.
• Prior operations experience working in a fast-paced, multi-modal shipping environment.
• Strong computer skills required with a preference for candidates having prior TMS experience
• Strong self-management and personal accountability skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Time flexibility a must, including ability to be available for night, weekend and holiday issue resolution.
• Ability to travel (flight, car) for Company business
Coca-Cola Refreshments is made up of the people who actually make, market and distribute happiness, in the form of great Coca-Cola products...