The Environmental Services Tech plays an integral part of our team by accomplishing daily cleaning activities including but not limited to mopping, vacuuming, dusting and wiping surfaces, fixtures and furnishings along with cleaning equipment and patient rooms. Must be self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking and adapting to change as needs and priorities shift. Must possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of hosptal staff, patients, families and others. Must be able to effectively communicate utilizing the English language both verbally and in written format.
Special skills, knowledge or talents:
- Must be able to learn to operate various types of cleaning equipment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be capable of prioritizing; make changes in schedule to support needs of area.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to hold in confidence, any information which is confidential in nature.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and attentiveness to individual differences.
- Effective interpersonal skills are important to interface with all levels of hospital staff, patients, families, and other contacts.
- Requires self-direction and the ability to exercise judgment in prioritizing, accuracy and promptness in completion of tasks. Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others in a department that have a variety of personalities and work styles. Must be able to handle diverse responsibilities concurrently.
Silverton Hospital - 18 months ago