The Distributor Development Manager is responsible for growing profitable sales at their assigned foodservice distributors on all Unilever products by proper management of account planning, trade funds management and completion of all administrative support elements.
Key Competencies Skills
- Develop and execute respective Distributor, Regional Chain and Key Operator account business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgetary restraints to achieve established sales plans for the DDM assigned territory.
- Assisting RSM with monthly forecasting of cases/sales
- Organize and present detailed business reviews and forward planning with all key foodservice trade accounts. Implement Joint Business Plans with distributor customers and preparing Siebel account plans for Operator customers
- Managing LMA distributor contracts and agreed counterparts to include associated marketing activities and management of required slots
- Understanding external market and Building strong DSM/MA customer relationship’s by leveraging information, tools and technology to drive win-win solutions
- Coordinate and leverage resource request process for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
- presenting and executing new products to develop new slots and to create pull within regional SIO's/chains
- executing company promotional activities with distributor and operator customers
- managing SIO's and regional chain accounts in addition to distributor account responsibilities --including managing Seibel opportunities for operators
- Drive service brands and selling stories to execution
- Develop and manage strong working knowledge of complex computer applications required to facilitate daily business operations including but not limited to MS Office, CPRO, Siebel.
- Managing CPro contracts and deductions/pends/on holds
- Managing personal sales expenses within budget
- Self Confidence
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Passion for Results
- Communication and Presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; - Excel,PowerPoint, Word, etc
- Sound working knowledge of ContractPro, and Siebel
Essential: 3 years in sales experience
Desirable: 1 year in foodservice or foods experience
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...