Title: Director, Marketing & Product Management - (Director, Strategic Marketing)
Location: Ohio-Dublin-Cardinal Place West
Other Locations: Illinois-Waukegan-McGaw Park KB Bldg
Job Number: 13001143JOB TITLE: Diector, Marketing & Product Mgmt - (Director, Strategic Marketing)
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Marketing and Product Mgmt
What Marketing and Product Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Marketing and Product Management is responsible for defining the market strategy, including product offering, pricing, positioning, distribution and promotion to drive the overall success of the business.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates the expertise in market management to credibly shape and set direction in partnership with business leaders
- Expertly applies product and market management techniques
- Directs strategy, drives innovation and pursues market opportunities
- Develops, implements and manages solutions in highly complex situations
- Takes responsibility for the financial implications, including profitability and viability, for multiple product/market portfolios or segments
- Drives the product/market lifecycle across multiple portfolios or segments to achieve economic success
What is expected of you and others at this level in Marketing for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to
- Demonstrates deep customer expertise; collaborates with appropriate parties to identify the drivers leading to business success.
- Encourages informed Risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
- Evaluates alternative solutions/decisions in light of the potential impact on the internal/external customer and Cardinal Health; understands the resource implications of solutions and makes recommendations in adherence to governance and prioritization guidelines.
Our organization is currently searching for a Director of Strategic Marketing to lead the identification and development of strategic initiatives for the Perioperative Business. This role isresponsible for the successful development and execution of innovation projects, from conceptualization through commercialization and will focus on new technologies, products, and market adjacencies.
Specifically, the Director of Strategic Marketing will work on upstream initiatives with cross-functional teams, such as R&D, finance, marketing, legal, inventory, strategic pricing and manufacturing This person will have accountability for conducting comprehensive market assessments to include market size, profitability, growth rates, scope of opportunity and external factors impacting any of these variables, in addition to conducting comprehensive competitive assessments, including existing and pending products and intellectual property. The director will evaluate various alternatives to market entry inclusive of organic development, partnership, and acquisition and will collaborate with our financial team to prepare a detailed financial business case.
The role will work jointly with the Perioperative marketing team to ensure a successful product launch and will develop a comprehensive marketing plan to include all aspects of the product development process, pricing strategy,product positioning & messaging, and sales strategy
Bachelor''s Degree in marketing, business or technical discipline required; MBA preferred
Six to eight years of previous marketing experience in medical products or devices required, with at least 4 years of experience in or exposure to business development
Previous demonstrated success in product portfolio management, including product development and launchexperience required
Prior experience in assessing and the commercialization of new technology
Solid project management, marketing, and analytical skills with a deep proficiency in financial analysis required
Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to drive results in a highly matrixed organization
Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services company that improves the...