We are seeking a highly dependable and motivated insurance professional to take on the role of Director, Analytics & Underwriting in our Dallas office . If you are ready to take your career to the next level, we want to talk to you!
Advises Holmes Murphy staff and clients on strategic financial matters, to include: Develops and/or supports analysis of and presentations on financial information; communicates strategic and technical information by creating mathematical and statistical modeling, tools, diagrams and charts; develops mathematical ideas or interpretations; develops mathematical simulation models; develops and/or maintains databases; evaluates financial risk; explains complex mathematical information; interprets contracts, policies, and/or regulations; uses mathematical or statistical methods to identify or analyze data and project impact of proposed strategies.
· Develops and delivers monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages and scorecards that detail the performance of client employee benefit plans, to include, but not limited to, financial, utilization, associate service value, and associate engagement data.
· Creates annual/quarterly budgeting and re-forecasts to include detailed explanations of variances for client health and welfare plans (active medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life, retiree, medical/dental, and other plans as necessary).
· Recommends strategic and tactical initiatives based upon data analyzed and the financial results thereof.
· Develops annual funding rates for active, pre-65 and post-65 health and welfare plans.
· Evaluates retiree plan options.
· Evaluates plan renewals and assists with vendor negotiations.
· Participates in and presents at client financial and program strategy meetings among client executives, client vendors/carriers and Holmes Murphy.
· Calculates Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR).
· Identifies and documents data and analytic sources available through current employee benefits vendors, Holmes Murphy, and serviced clients.
· Stays abreast of current economic and social trends and legislation, as well as with developments in health, business, finance, and economics that could affect employee benefit practices, to include Health Care Reform.
· Obtains, documents and maintains access to and comprehensive staff training on all data and analytics systems, including, but not limited to Holmes Murphy internal systems, client vendor/carrier financial reporting systems, client eligibility systems and other support systems, as required.
Responsible for functions performed by the Financial/Actuarial/Reporting team:
· Determines and manages workload, workflow, and team production while ensuring that proper controls and procedures are documented, maintained and followed.
· Assists VP Strategic Business Services in workforce planning as well as setting attainment of service standards and objectives.
· Conducts regular and systematic quality control audits for each assigned staff member and for each client process, to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, underwriting guidelines, and department/company policies and procedures.
· Works with IT to manage organizational system requirements, updates and problem solving.
· Maintains positive and open communications with Sales and Client Service teams to ensure effective problem solving and the development of appropriate, useful tools and resources.
· Assists in the evaluations of the Client plan performance, financial projections, budgeting, and other strategic initiatives.
· Ensures compliance with rules and regulation impacting client programs, policies and contracts and communicates related requirements to financial staff and other affected personnel / teams.
· Actively participates in recruitment, training, evaluation and development of financial unit staff.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of insurance practices and industry theory; mastery of technical skills related to accomplishment of job.
· Strong reasoning, strategy development and analytical skills.
· Proficient at preparing and analyzing statistical data; demonstrates ability to understand data and translate it into directions for staff and clients.
· Working knowledge of and ability to apply related FASB requirements.
· Comprehensive mathematical and analytical skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong computer technical skills with a working knowledge of computer programming language.
· Ability to work independently as well as lead a team, in an effort to mentor, teach best practices, and guide them to accomplishing goals.
· Ability to communicate and interact well with other disciplines; engenders respect from team members.
· Ability to read, interpret, and apply information from a variety of sources such as manuals, professional publications and government regulations; including the ability to seek out such information and be a leader in disseminating information.
· Proactive in addressing anticipated issues and implementing appropriate solutions.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
· Maintains highest professional standards related to the job, and projects oneself professionally at all on and off-site meetings and presentations.
· Good organizational, time management, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
· Follows through on commitments; is reliable, conscientious and dependable.
· Bachelors degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, or a business-related discipline, such as economics, finance or accounting preferred.
· At least four years of underwriting and/or actuarial experience or six years of directly related experience; with at least two years of management and/or training experience preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency in: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of computer programming languages, such a Visual Basic.
· Industry designations, such as CPCU, CIC, CISR or ARM strongly preferred.
· Maintain an active Texas Life/Health Insurance Agent license (applicants may apply without an insurance license, but must obtain an insurance license once hired)
Holmes Murphy offers a competitive benefits and salary package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Holmes Murphy & Associates - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard