Be an Army Civilian - Go Army! The Army's Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR) vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees. Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations.
The position is located at the Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex. The CMSC provides a shooting range where patrons can go and enjoy a variety of shooting sports such as target and skeet shooting, 5 stand, etc. The complex is open to the public and has the capability to hold league tournaments, competitions, and other group functions.
The position is Regular Full-Time with a guaranteed 40 hours per week. Must be Available to work weekdays, nights, and weekends. This position includes benefits. (see benefits section below).
Duties are performed indoors and outdoors. Duties involve everyday risks which require normal safety precautions typical of recreation activities. May be exposed to inclement weather when assisting patrons on the ranges. Proper clothing is to be worn for weather temperatures. Heated building is available for warm-up.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Valid motor vehicle driver's license
Looks for and reports unsafe conditions and practices which may result in injury to persons or damage to property. Investigates incidents and reviews incident reports. Provides managers and employees with information and formal training on safety standards, practices and techniques. Inspects premises and records of facilities where hazardous materials are stored and dispose of for compliance with applicable laws and established laws, regulations and programs.
Practical knowledge of work processes and equipment, environmental conditions and established safety standards, protective devices and accident prevention measure. Work experience and/or education involving the following:
The handling and storage of chemicals and hazardous waste.
Development and presentation of training.
Conditions of Employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r215_3.pdf must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Must complete a health assessment prior to appointment.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver's license.
7. Must be able to obtain and maintain a government driver's license within 90 days of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Minimum Qualifications (Screen out Elements)
- Best Qualified
- Physical Requirements
- Job Knowledge and Performance
- Integrity Certification
Knowledge of industry safety standards.
Knowledge of accident prevention measures.
Experience or education involving the handling of weapons and weapons safety.
Experience or education involving the handling and storage of live ammunition.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and sick leave accrual, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plans, Health, Dental, Life insurance, Long Term Care Plan insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
Credit will be given to appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...