This is an exciting time in Honeywell's Legal and Contract organization, and here is a great opportunity to showcase your skills!
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will serve as the General Legal Counsel for Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc. (HTSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell International Inc. HTSI is a diverse government services provider focused on serving NASA, the Department of Defense, and other government agencies. The Missiles business segment produces export controlled, high value guidance and navigation solutions for missiles manufacturers and the militaries of the world. Collectively the business duties span over $1B in annual revenues. The position provides general legal advice to and serves as an integral part of the HTSI and Missiles business team. This position will be part of a 5 person legal team that supports the business and reports directly to the Vice President and General Counsel of Honeywell Defense and Space. The position provides “hands on” legal advice and performs legal functions on a broad range of issues regarding the business.
- Manages all legal matters involving HTSI and serves as a member of the HTSI leadership team.
- Manages all legal matters involving Missiles and serves as a member of the Missiles leadership team.
- Serves and a member of the Defense and Space Law and Contracts Leadership team.
- Identify, assess and guide the business with regard to legal and business risk associated with foreign and domestic business opportunities, compliance with applicable laws and regulations (including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, its supplements and other Federal, state and international laws), contractual terms, conditions and related risks.
- Support compliance-related investigations and activities at HTSI, including alleged employee misconduct. Evaluate disclosure obligations, and direct appropriate remedial measures.
- Develop and execute business-specific processes and strategies related to legal matters.
- Represent Honeywell Defense and Space with the Department of Defense on cyber security initiatives, including the DOD Defense Industrial Base working group.
- Support Aerospace functional experts in the Law Department related to sourcing, M&A activities, litigation, export compliance, human resources and employment matters.
- Educate management and technical staff on legal issues in various types of government contracts training.
- Help establish and drive best practices across Honeywell Aerospace.
- US citizen or permanent resident due to government contracts
- 7 years of legal experience in relevant areas, including, government contracts, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, litigation, and business transactions.
- JD degree
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting, across disciplines
- Legal excellence.
- Strong business acumen; capability to learn business and complicated technologies.
- Proven leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the corporation.
- Strong customer focus and experience with aerospace businesses or government customers.
- Proven experience in identifying, evaluating and solving complex, multi-variable challenges practically and effectively.
- Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills.
- A good sense of humor.
- Exceptional academic performance
- Accessible and approachable.
- Highest standards of integrity and good judgment.
- A self-starter who is very productive and has the motivation to assume increasing and significant responsibility.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...