OB/GYN currently has a full time Certified Nursing Assistant position available working evenings/nights. Will be scheduled to work 64-80 hours per fourteen day pay period, including every other weekend, along with a a holiday commitment. This position works under the supervision of the Team Coordinator and reports to the Director and/or Management Council. The Nursing Assistant provides support for the direct management of the patient's environment and activities of daily living under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
must be current
on the Nebraska Registry for Certified Nursing Assistants.
Completion of both application steps (# 1 & # 2)
are required to be considered an applicant for this position.
These steps are located on the employment page of our website (
) under "Applying at Saint Elizabeth".
Essential Job Functions:
1. Participates in patient's immediate environment.
a. Participates in patient nutrition.
b. Prepares patient rooms for admission.
2. Participates in patient's activities of daily living and provides clinical support within level of preparation.
a. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the physical, psychosocial, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served.
b. Works directly with patient in planning and implementing patient's activities of daily living including but not limited to: bathing, hygiene, ambulation, transporting, pre- and post-op care (including surgical preps), and dismissal functions to promote and maintain health.
c. Adheres to Nursing Structure and Process Standards and the patient's plan of care in providing patient care.
d. Performs selected procedures and treatments.
e. Orients the patient and family to the room, department, policies, and schedules.
f. Assists the Nurse to maintain observations of patients by anticipating and responding to patient needs and processing call lights.
g. Ensures that the Nurse remains informed of patient status and activities.
h. Documents routine elements of care in the medical record.
i. Collects and documents patient data.
j. Maintains patient confidentiality.
3. Participates in the patient discharge as directed by the physician.
4. Customer Service:
a. Receives, greets and directs patients, family members, clients, visitors and physicians in a positive and conscientious manner adhering to our Embrace the Spirit standards and behaviors. Problem-solve, offer and give assistance as needed.
b. Acknowledging internal and external customers with eye contact and a smile.
c. Phones are answered promptly with a friendly voice using a proper greeting.
d. Ability to prioritize, organize and effectively handle multiple tasks and interruptions in a positive manner.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Provides preceptorship for Nursing Assistant:
a. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of Nursing Assistant orientation.
b. Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of Nursing Assistant skill validation.
2. General Clerical/Secretarial responsibilities:
a. Answers unit telephone. Relays messages to appropriate staff members.
b. Greets physicians/patients/visitors and answers their questions; directs them to areas within the Medical Center.
c. Performs other duties as assigned by Director/Team Coordinator.
d. Serves as a resource person to other staff members.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Medical Terminology preferred.
3. Approved Certified Nurse Assistant Course (CNA).
4. Approved training for clerical functions if performing marginal job functions that are clerical in nature.
1. Currently on the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
2. Currently on the Medication Aide Registry (only as related to administration of oxygen) or obtain training, complete competency and be registered on the Medication Aide Registry within 30 days of hire.
3. Maintain Medication Aide Registry status with demonstrated competency every two years.
4. Current completion of CPR for the Healthcare Provider (BLS).
5. Maintain CNA certification including 12 continuing education hours (720 minutes) per year required.
6. Current students taking health-related course of study will meet the continuing education requirement with successful completion of at least 3 credit hours.
7. Courses in LEARN will count towards meeting this requirement, including but not limited to Rapid Regs and Corporate Compliance courses.
8. It is the associate's responsibility to provide documentation of the education required.
1. Prior Nurse Assistant experience preferred.
2. Must be able to work from detailed verbal or written instructions and uses judgment for routine situations.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Patient Care Support
NE-Lincoln-Saint Elizabeth Reg Med Ctr
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 4 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996 t...