This position generates sales through customer and associate engagement, coaches consultants to deliver the highest levels of customer service and drive sales, and supports creation of Lands’ End (LE) Brand Experience at retail. This role leads a positive customer and associate culture and assists in driving operational activities that generate sales. Responsible for assisting the Lands’ End District Manager in achieving the Lands’ End business objectives and goals. Responsible for assisting the ASM in leading, coaching, selection, training and scheduling hourly associates as well as maintaining a personal contribution to the department’s productivity.
Scope of Responsibility:
While this position reports to the Assistant Store Manager, the position receives guidance and coaching through a dotted-line relationship from the LE District Manager. This position is responsible for leading hourly associates to reach performance expectations of the LE department. Fifty percent (50%) of the time is allotted to responsibilities related to leading hourly associates and the other 50% of time is allotted to personally contributing to the activities of the Lands’ End department.
• Accountable for achieving monthly shop sales and KPI goals to include Sales Per Hour, Average Dollar Sale, Unit Per Transaction and Direct Sales.
• Sets and prioritizes daily shop goals and operational activities and leads the team of LE associates to achieve them
• Acts as a role model by generating sales through the use of approved consultative selling practices to deliver exceptional customer experiences by identifying customer needs, providing solutions and offering product alternatives
• Observes, provides feedback and developmental coaching to LE associates to drive selling behaviors and achievement of individual SPH goals. Contributes observations, feedback and coaching feedback for performance reviews.
• Motivates team, recognizes and celebrates exceptional customer service and selling behaviors.
• Supports the payroll management and scheduling of the LE shop within payroll budgeted guidelines.
• Monitors floor coverage and zoning; takes action in response to business trends
• Promotes, administers and acts as a resource to LE associates for all company policies, procedures and programs
• Assists in the development of a high performance team, including partnering with the ASM and Lands’ End District Manager to create goals and individual development plans that support performance needs and career growth
• Participates in recruitment and interviews with LE job applicants and provides input to the Assistant Store Manager and LE District Manager during the selection process
• Accompanies the LE District Manager during LE Shop visits to identify business areas of opportunity and develop action plans for improving the department performance
• Handles complex LE customer situations; resolves issues as appropriate and may escalate situations to Assistant Store Manager as necessary
• Develops and facilitates appropriate re-merchandising to maintain seasonal and brand messages while ensuring compelling presentations
• Directs the team on all floor resets and markdown and/or promotional activities
• Facilitates efficient replenishment flow and representation of merchandise
• Creates awareness regarding brand-driving of social networking opportunities; strives to capture customer contact information(email/ phone) using appropriate Shop approaches and programs
• Assists the Assistant Store Manager (and LE District Manager) with communications to associates regarding upcoming events, work process changes and Company/business initiatives.
• Previous leadership experience required; in specialty retail environment strongly preferred
• Excellent selling skills; demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
• Ability to develop team performance through training and coaching
• Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
• Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business
• Strong computer skills; familiarity and ability to use social networking sites for customer engagement activities as directed
Lands' End - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard