Duties & Responsibilities:|
The Georgia Contact Centers 1.800.georgia call center is a single point of contact for access to state government services. If a customer doesn't know whom to contact, they may call the 1.800.georgia. 1.800.georgia representatives provide a unified solution for contact handling within the state. A statewide Multi-Channel Contact Center (MCCC) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution will support telephone service to state agency customers. Under close supervision, in a call center environment, the Customer Service Representative 1:
Minimum Training & Experience: High School Diploma or GED AND Six months of experience handling customersÂ questions, complaints and/or providing information.
- Provides World Class Customer Service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Answers phones, email, or chats to respond to customer requests for both English and Spanish speaking customers
- Uses computer software applications to document calls made and received
- Provides customers with product and service information
- Transfers customer calls to appropriate staff
- Follows up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved
- Completes call logs and reports
- Recognizes, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls
- Adheres to performance metrics
- Performs necessary research to answer customer inquiries, resolve customer concerns, and prepare reports
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
One (1) year customer service experience, which included direct customer contact in person or by telephone handling a significant number of customers' questions or complaints/concerns.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish and English
- Ability to interpret and translate information orally and in writing from English into Spanish and from Spanish into English
- Six (6) months of call center experience in a high volume call center (OR 1 year customer service experience)
- Experience using Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Systems
- Possess college degree or current students pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university; (OR education beyond high school diploma or equivalency obtained from an accredited college or university)
Commitment to Courteous, Helpful, Accessible, Responsive, and Knowledgeable customer service as measured by our four behavioral standards:
Intermediate level skill in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Greet your customers promptly and courteously
- Listen and verify your understanding of the customer's needs
- Help customers with your answers and actions
- Honor your commitments in a timely manner
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing work requirements. Must be available to work between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Ability to handle high call volume using proper telephone etiquette
Knowledge of the programs and functions of a wide range of State of Georgia Agencies
Ability to Work from home
Ability to effective communicate verbally including a good speaking voice, active listing skills and pleasant and courteous manner
Ability to analyst the customer's request or complaint, evaluate issues and determine the correct course of action
Ability to go beyond a customer's expectations being persistent in satisfying and calming a dissatisfied or irate customer
Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, possess the following:
- Working level skill in the use of Microsoft Office computer application software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the programs and functions of a wide range of State of Georgia Agencies
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally including a good speaking voice, active listening skills and a pleasant and courteous manner
- Ability to analyze the customer's request or complaint, evaluate issues and determine the correct course of action
- Ability to go beyond a customer's expectations being persistent in satisfying a dissatisfied customer. Ability to calm and satisfy irate customers
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
State of Georgia - 18 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...