Looking for a candidate with positive attitude, willingness to learn and work in a high performance team.
Responsibilities include development and maintenance of J2EE based enterprise applications. Good knowledge of java coding standards and best practices is required. Experience in development of applications and batch jobs that process data with large volumes.
Work closely with internal business users and business analysts to develop requirements and then design, develop, test and deploy applications. Provide production support of web applications and batch processes.
Ability to manage dynamic priorities and complete the assignments on-time is required.
· 5 -6 years - J2EE experience in distributed environment with skills in core java, jsps, html, xml parsing, spring framework, and struts framework.
· 5-6 years - Relational database with strong SQL skills -preferably with DB2. Ability to write joins, stored procedures and functions
· 2+ years - Unix scripting and/or Perl is a plus
· 2+ years - Web services knowledge is a plus
· Exposure to various versions control systems like VSS, CVS, Harvest and Clearcase.
· Good fundamental knowledge of OOPS and Design Patterns.
· Experience in working with various IDEs.
· Experience in developing and deploying web-based applications in weblogic or websphere.
· Exposure to various stages of Software Development Lifecycle preferably agile development methodologies.
· Bachelor of Science degree from four-year college in Computer and Information Sciences. Masters is preferred.
· Extensive development experience of complex J2EE web-based applications and batch processes dealing with large volumes of data.
· Experience with writing database stored procedures.
· Experience with deploying applications in clustered environment is highly desirable.
· Scripting experience in Unix/Linux and/or Pearl along with knowledge in any scheduling software such as Tivoli is an advantage.
· Previous experience with developing web applications/batch processes in a health care environment preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with customer-service and team orientation.
HMS - 13 months ago