The eCommerce Associate Merchandise Specialist position incorporates both merchandising and site integration responsibilities that will span across the development, launch, and management of the eCommerce business.
- Build on-site merchandise presentation based on inventory, promotional offerings, sales analysis, and trends.
- Create and present online assortment recommendations to eCommerce Merchandise Manager by reviewing buy guides with key product group buyers and planners.
- Use product catalog web application to determine and build online category and product groupings, sequencing, and overall merchandise presentation to ensure efficient customer searching while adequately portraying a positive brand image.
- Manage Product Activation - Ensure product imagery, copy, and categorization is accurate and complete
- Review internal merchandise hierarchy and define Department/Class to web category relationships for products.
- Prepare and analyze merchandise-related selling reports including sell-through and category performance to build accurate seasonal plans.
- Analyze weekly and daily reporting to create and recommend online-only promotions and flash sales.
- Review style selling reports and decide on key markdown candidates for price updates on line.
- Monitor product sell-through and make recommendations to eCommerce Merchandising Manager to ensure proper future buying/depth levels for styles and SKUs.
- Review advertising calendar to ensure parity between bricks and mortar and eCom.
- Provide merchandise-related support to the eCommerce Operations team including issues with drop shipping, vendor relations, and product catalog questions.
- Resolve customer or merchandise related issues for third party customer service team.
- Assist and make recommendations to eCom Merchandising Manager for creation of seasonal financial plans based on selling reports and historical data.
- Primary liaison to third party platform provider for resolving merchandise related issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A strong understanding and background in of retail buying, merchandising, or planning.
- Ability to manage workflow, create and meet both personal and group/team deadlines.
- Working knowledge of retail math.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to accurately interpret and draw conclusions from data.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to build business and maximize profit.
- Working knowledge of competitors.
- Ability to anticipate future consequences accurately and create appropriate strategies.
- Understands and takes action to correct bad business and minimize losses.
- Questions how things are and challenges how they could be.
- Considers the big picture; an understanding of the impact that eCom can have on the different departments, divisions, and entire company.
SteinMart - 2 years ago
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...