Support is in your blood, because you get a rush out of helping people. Whether answering a general "How do I...?" or doing a complex log dive, it's all the same to you. With your strong computers and technology background you're in The Zone working with Z Shell or talking LDAP and Linux.
It doesn't matter whether you're addressing a problem with a customer or untangling an internal process: you jump on the chance to make it all better. Embracing your inner geek and armed with your technical prowess, you're ready to join us in our mission to be the best support organization on the planet.
If you are a support agent with Linux cred and thrives in an intense, technical culture, this a unique opportunity to join our Enterprise Cloud Management team.
What You'll be Doing
You are the interface between Code42 and our largest enterprise customers, so you are instrumental in building good rapport with and being an advocate for the customer.
You will be transforming confusion into comprehension... fear into fandom. Working as part of a highly focused team, you will be proactively reaching out to our Enterprise customers using our internal monitoring tool. You will be managing email and phone calls in a high volume environment. You will also be working to streamline and improve the ECM team while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code42's growth explodes. It's a high stress environment, but you are up for it because the rewards are worth it!
You'll Be Responsible For
Skills and Requirements
- Monitoring appliance hardware, network health, and the CrashPlan PROe Application
- Efficiently answering customer questions via phone, Zendesk ticketing system and email
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Working cross functionally with other parts of the company
- Performing thorough analysis of log and system files within Code42 products and appliances
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software defects in the field or under lab conditions reported by customers
- Reviewing manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution.
- Providing feedback from customers to product management and engineering teams
- Utilizing remote secure access technologies to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Assuming ownership of projects as assigned by manager
- Meeting Service Level Agreements
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- This position may require rotational on call availability for maintenance windows
- Ability to troubleshoot complex UNIX/Linux, OS X, Windows, and Solaris server performance, file system, networking, architecture, and application related issues via shell and operating system commands
- Large scale UNIX/Linux server management experience. Preferably Gentoo, FreeBSD or OS X
- TCP/IP and Network experience in large network environments
- Experience with AD/LDAP
- Ability to recognize, decipher, and modify UNIX/Linux shell scripts. Including those used for runlevels and cron
- Ability to write custom shell scripts from scratch
- Ability to troubleshoot/configure custom installers
- Ability to write custom SQL queries
- Ability to recognize and decipher Java application errors and code
- Ability to modify or write Java application code is a plus
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Code 42 Software - 11 months ago
Code 42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world's data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and...