The University of Illinois seeks a Director of Strategic Engagement to support the strategic economic development efforts and provide essential links between corporate, government, community and university stakeholders. This individual will provide a dynamic leadership role for driving industry engagement and enhancement of governmental relations. This position will be located on the Chicago campus. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Coordinates with the Associate Vice President for Innovation and Economic Development to lead efforts to develop relationships with corporate, government and community partners and establish connections to campus stakeholders in support of the economic development mission of the University.
2. Coordinates with the Associate Vice President for Strategic Initiatives on development and enhancement of university-wide initiatives.
3. Assists with the identification and coordination of large-scale collaboration opportunities, including the development of a strategic plan for increased corporate engagement.
4. Coordinates with university administration, campus units, and university-related organizations (UROs) involved in public engagement, corporate relations, governmental affairs, and alumni relations, including the development of corporate and government engagement processes to enhance connections among internal and external university stakeholders.
5. Leads strategic visioning efforts with the Council on Competiveness.
6. Serves as a liaison to contracted government relations firm(s) and assists in the development of a strategic plan for collaboration with state and federal government agencies.
7. Convenes and manages industry, entrepreneur and investor advisory boards.
8. Assists the Associate Vice President for Innovation and Economic Development in creating an internationally recognized economic development program through the alignment of OVPR units, including the Offices of Technology Management, IllinoisVENTURES and the University of Illinois Research Park.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree (graduate degree in business, law or other related field preferred and ten years of professional level experience required with a minimum of five years of experience in corporate matters. Other qualifications include: Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to work under tight deadline pressure; ability to deal directly with individuals of various professional levels and to independently resolve problems, prioritize work, and meet deadlines is crucial; excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, including as working as a member of a team; ability to work with varied constituencies to reach consensus; proven experience speaking to large and diverse group and must be a current University of Illinois employee.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by May 3, 2013 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
Employee Relations and Human Resources
271 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
The University of Illinois is the state's best and most comprehensive public university. The three distinct campuses in Urbana-Champaign,...