Role Challenges and Complexities:|
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- The key challenge facing this role is to ensure that the EPC contractor performs to the civil / structural design and according to the required standard.
- Facilitate the layout of the site infrastructure, equipment (crusher plant, ADR, explosive storage) and facilities through coordination with the EPC contractor and Ma'aden engineering to assure that it is in compliance with Government regulations.
- Review all earthwork engineering drawings for feasibility and assure the EPC constructs in accordance with design.
- Understanding and managing the various Ma'aden relationships and expectations requires a combination of technical and people skills
- Project working and living conditions in a remote location. The project office is in Jeddah. The As Suq mine site is located approximately 450 km NE of Jeddah. The Civil/Structural Engineer will be expected to spend at least 50% of his time on site.
- Accommodations, laundry, and food service is provided in a construction camp environment.
- Constraints are imposed by isolation and dealing directly with the EPC Contractor.
- Communication facilities between the site and Jeddah office may sometimes be unavailable.
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience living and working in remote locations desirable.
- Significant civil design engineering experience in a relevant industry, e.g. mining, mineral processing, materials handling, heavy
- Ability to resolve most technical issues in an efficient manner utilising personal knowledge, internal support personnel, and various Ma'aden management team members.
- Commitment to mentoring and coaching of personnel.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and influence employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well developed written and oral skills.
- Ability to priorities tasks and manage time effectively.