Minimum 6 Years
Up to 25 percent
This position is responsible for managing, administering and controlling an effective human resources program for the plant in accordance with Corporate policies, procedures, and practices and in compliance with all local and federal government regulatory requirements, concerning employee selection and recruitment, training and development, wellness, safety and health, employee relations, communication, benefits, reward and recognition. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager - Las Piedras facility where parts for residential breakers are maunfactured and has approximately 400 employees.
- Directs the screening, selection, and recruitment process of personnel to fill vacant positions in accordance with EEO/AAP guidelines and procedures.
- Implements and administers approved compensation programs to ensure employees are competitively compensated as per the existing corporate wage and salary administration guidelines.
- Administers and monitors appropriate use of the company benefits program to ensure cost control and effectiveness.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts employee training and development activities to help them improve their managerial, supervisory, professional, and technical/vocational competence.
- Supports the EHS personnel and supervise occupational nurses in the implementation of the corporate industrial hygiene, safety, health and wellness programs to ensure compliance with OSHA standards in line with injuries/illness prevention and requirements.
- Plans, develops, and implements an effective communications program to maintain timely, honest and open communication with all employees at the plant level and the community.
- Provide management with counseling, coaching, and assistance in all pertinent matters related to the Company's policies, procedures, and practices, labor laws and regulations, and other human resources issues and concerns.
- Supports and implements Eaton's human resources initiatives to meet corporate goals and objectives in line with the overall business strategic plan.
- Recommends and administers appropriate budget for the operation of the department's functional programs and projects.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Behavioral Sciences, Industrial Relations, or a related field from an accredited institution required
• Master's Degree preferred
• Strong oral/written English and Spanish communication skills
• Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Human Resources professional or similar position in a manufacturing environment
• PC and Microsoft Office Applications literacy
• Knowledge of Puerto Rico and Federal labor laws and compliance regulations
• Must be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico without company sponsorship
Relocation benefit provided?
Yes (US/PR Only)
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...