Moodlerooms, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackboard, Inc, is a high quality and fast-growing organization with great capabilities and even greater expectations. Moodlerooms is the winner of the “Hottest Tech” company in Baltimore for 2011. We are looking for creative, energetic individuals with a positive attitude and great work ethic that can excel in a fast-paced environment. |
Moodlerooms provides a SaaS hosted solution for Moodle, the world’s fastest growing, open source learning management system, delivering a superior educational & training platform to millions of users worldwide. The software enables Corporate, Governmental, and educational institutions (universities, colleges, K12 schools) to offer their courses online.
- Primary responsibilities will be the development and enhancement of Moodle features and the support of subsystems in order to satisfy business requirements.
- Successful candidate must be able to function in a high growth business that is technologically sophisticated, high performance and high demand.
- Assist in the creation of design documentation and test plans.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a small team.
- Experience with Moodle development is highly preferred.
Base salary is commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical, dental, vision, FSA, holiday and vacation pay, direct deposit, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology is preferred but not required where sufficient work experience exists.
- 4- 7 years in a professional PHP development environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PHP 5, MySQL 5, Apache 2 and Linux, Ubuntu experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with precise attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moodlerooms, Inc. is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizen status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moodlerooms - 22 months ago