Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Quality Control Specialist
Type of Position:
The Quality Control Specialist will implement quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specifications and applicable regulations, inspects all phases of the services and operations for conformity to established quality, health, safety, and other operational standards by performing on-going work for compliance with contractual provisions; ensures all services listed on in the contract are performed in a satisfactory manner, specifies areas to be inspected (scheduled and unscheduled) and how often inspections will be accomplished, communicates deficiencies to proper persons, maintains Quality Control files, and documents results of all inspections.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software. Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team. Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Must also be able to obtain/maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
1. Develop and maintain the health and safety manuals. Comply with corporate, state, federal and local regulations and contract requirements.
2. Coordinate with the Prime Contractor's Safety and Environmental personnel and federal/local government agencies. Provide guidance to managers and supervisors to assist them in the interpretation of and compliance with quality related contract requirements.
3. Correspond with insurance loss control experts and claim representatives to strengthen the company worker's compensation and loss prevention program.
4. Maintain safety, health and environmental records. Support issuance of work permits for continued improvements of quality and safety.
5. Conduct special evaluations, quality surveys and audits. Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for company officials for review and make action recommendations as required.
6. Conduct accident investigations. Complete and maintain required reporting.
7. Maintain current files of all technical documents, instructions, procedures and requirements necessary for implementation of an effective quality assurance program.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.
The individual and supervisor assure that the degree of risk is reduced to the lowest level. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
URS Corporation - 12 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through i...