OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
Conduct reviews of mortgage loans at the prefunding stage to ensure compliance with Fannie Mae requirements; federal/state laws; all applicable regulations; company policies and procedures. Ensure that data in origination system (Encompass 360) and DU databases matches source documents.
- Re-verify key critical data information, such as employment, income, assets, residency, identity, etc., by reviewing data and documentation for accuracy and consistency .
- Present loan level defects to origination production staff and follow up when appropriate.
- Assist in the review and analysis of federal, state and regulatory agencies, rules, laws, regulations, and statutes to the extent they impact the quality control audit function and ensure that the Prefunding QC review checklist is reflective of current policies and procedures.
- Assist Quality Control management by analyzing loan level data, summarizing the results, suggesting resolution, and assisting with implementation and follow up when appropriate.
- Participate in special projects based on business needs.
- Previous auditing experience is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in mortgage servicing and/or underwriting is strongly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with essential computer software, including the Microsoft Office product line, is required; familiarity with auditing software and Encompass 360 is strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and good telephone technique.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision while meeting department performance measures.
- Ability to meet department attendance guidelines, including working a schedule that includes occasional evenings and weekends.
We are proud to be an EOE. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Green Tree - 23 months ago
Money might not grow on trees, but green does grow on this tree. Green Tree Servicing is one of the largest servicers of home loans in the...