Product Technologist Consultant (Onsite Systems Engineer) - Enterprise Solutions - Baltimore, MD
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Onsite Systems Engineer to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
This position will be an onsite focused position with specified Dell Public Accounts in the Baltimore, MD area. The candidate must live in the Baltimore or surrounding area, as no relocation to this area will be offered at this time.
The Onsite Systems Engineer is a technical professional who has worked in large datacenter environments and can act as a Level 3 resource to the customer. The individual must have the customer relationship skills to become a trusted advisor in a long-term relationship. The individual must have strong organizational skills, be able to prioritize work quickly and effectively in a dynamic environment. The position requires a strong understanding of Networking, Intel-based Servers, and Storage (NAS, SAN), preferably Dell hardware. Backgrounds in Operating Systems deployment (Windows), and large-scale deployments is a plus. The candidate will also be required to communicate future product roadmaps and help the customer with implementing new solutions.
- Technical Support & Escalation Management.
- Communicating product roadmaps and providing technical expertise to the customer on new technologies.
- Hardware & Software deployment planning.
- Product lifecycle management including certification of new Dell-provided software.
- Informal knowledge transfer and technical assistance.
- Change management best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Computer Science or IT-related Major.
- 3-7 years of IT industry experience (will consider associates degree with 7-10 years’ experience).
- ITIL Certified.
- 2-3 years in large-scale datacenter Systems Administration.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of the Dell PowerEdge Server line.
- Systems Management experience.
- Windows 2000/2003/2008 experience.
- Familiarity with Data Centers, Enterprise Technologies, Virtualization, etc.
- IT Industry Best Practices.
- Industry Certifications (MCSE, RHCE, etc), VMWare experience, Linux (Red Hat/SUSE).
- Storage, SAN/DR, Networking experience/knowledge.
- Customer facing experience.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to interface and build relationships all the way to the CXO Level.
- Initiative / Ingenuity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to probe for customer pain-points and identify new sales opportunities.
- Proactive in problem identification and solving.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 12 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...