SUMMARY: The SQL Server DBA intern will learn the daily administration tasks of SQL Server database administrators and will learn how to build, execute, and automate scripts with Windows PowerShell and SQL Server tools as needed. The SQL Server DBA Intern will learn to document exceptions, analyze and validate monitoring results and trends.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work hand in hand with testing developers, software developers, and Subject Matter Experts to design and develop robust, repeatable, administration scripts.
· Work directly with DBAs, Security Administrators and project teams to support improved security and stability of SQL Server and other applications.
· Support management as needed with documentation, project planning and coordination.
· Report and maintain metrics on SQL Server installation security, configuration, and performance.
· Develop and adhere to automation coding standards, procedures, and guidelines consistent with SQL Server DBA team best practices
· Strong analytical skills to understand application functionality and software structure, resulting in knowledge which effectively implements automated administration scripts.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· Pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
· Programming background preferred
· Learn several of the following tools and activities:
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft PowerShell
o Daily administration of SQL Server databases
o Windows scripting for the administration of servers hosting SQL Server installations
· Learn to see the big picture in business, how to see across the departments and follow the interaction between departments as business processes are executed
· A passion for learning new technologies, applying technology in the solution of business problems and solving problems to root cause
· Ability to work in a professional team environment, taking the initiative for activities that need to be done.
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our operating principles.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule
· Positive attitude with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks.
GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job