Decypher is looking for an Information Technology (IT), Help desk Technician to provide to the US Air Force at Littlerock AFB, Littlerock AR.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Assists with installation of terminals and associated hardware
- Provide customer assistance support in setting up microcomputers and/or installing software packages when required
- Provide user training for hardware/software products; identifies problems and resolves hardware/software/network malfunctions; performs minor hardware/software/network maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communication assistance, hardware installation/replacement; interfaces with Local Area Networks, provides analysis support for Local Area Networks, Personal Computers, mobile devises, and cellular phones.
- Provides Customer Service Center/Help Desk Support for end users. Performs Start Up, Power off, shut downs and power failure recovery procedures when required
- Executes tape backups on all assigned systems at specified times to prevent potential data loss from malfunctions and preserve data integrity. Promptly and accurately reports all maintenance calls.
- Maintains a current tape library, locating tapes in off-site storage and main tape library, and prepares new tapes for the library. Ensures all tapes are labeled properly by filling out and affixing labels to them, making sure the label information is accurate, sufficient and legible.
- Supports functional users in troubleshooting computer related problems.
- Support users in the structuring of requests and inquiries with a user oriented language; identifies possible technical problems in the terminal, communication lines or the computer system; and advises the terminal user of where and how to acquire appropriate technical assistance.
- Use trouble ticket software to document and maintain all user trouble calls. Conduct on the job orientation, demonstrates how to operate equipment, run backups, archive systems, loads new software releases, submits System Incident Reports (SIRs) and System Change Requests (SCRs), and functional users with any system problems they may encounter
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associate Degree Preferred)
- 1 year experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software or one year installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment
- Understanding of desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products
- Proven ability to identify computer related issues, troubleshoot to isolate to issue area and resolve issue
- Experience using Remedy service desk software application
- CompTIA A +
We offer competitive, company paid benefits, to include (but not limited to):
- Decypher is a full service consulting firm with the sole purpose of making our clients and employees successful. Our Technology, Learning, Organization & Strategy solutions are provided to military, government, and commercial clients globally
- Recognized by Texas Monthly as "One of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas- 2012" and Diversity Business.com as "The Top 500 Women Owned Businesses in America - 2012"
- Decypher's list of awards and recognition continues to grow because of our talented and dedicated team of associates and consultants
- At Decypher, we strive to create an engaged culture that recognizes talent and promotes personal and professional growth
Decypher is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Matching 401k Program
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual leave for medical and personal reasons
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays Annually