Under limited supervision of a shop/line manager of a service center, assists in the planning, organizing and directing of the work functions and activities of a shop or line office, including the direction of the clerical work force. May receive direction from the area cost analyst as required, and is subject to cross-training in other line/shops as required. Employee is committed to achieving the highest goals of excellence in serving our customers and working with fellow employees.
1. For the purpose of scheduling; organizes and coordinates construction/maintenance/installation activities with supervisors to insure the most effective use of manpower to meet customer system requirements.
2. Is the focal point with other project areas, customers, and contractors in coordination of jobs, and establishing, scheduling and maintaining job status until completion.
3. Provides various reports to supervision about scheduling performance, priority conflicts, backlog resource problems, and early warning trends.
4. Directs and trains the clerical staff in all phases of clerical work-related functions and activities.
5. Follows-up with supervision, as a result of unusual emergencies, to insure pre-established schedules are maintained or appropriately modified.
6. Establishes and maintains a prioritized job schedule to meet the workload including the backlog of non-emergency maintenance and allowance for the unknown.
7. Reviews completed job orders (including; close-outs, completions, as-builts, etc.) for data completeness prior to information entry and reassignment.
8. May assist supervisory personnel in training field personnel in proper methods and procedures for reporting job progress and functions performed.
9. Performs administrative work functions of the area assigned, including updating departmental data systems, i.e. MMIS, MIS, DCMS, DFIS, CIC, FIS, etc.
10. Performs other duties as required as workloads vary and are adjusted by supervisory personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school or GED plus 24 hours of college level course work with emphasis in Basic Math, Basic English, Report Writing, Basic Supervision, Planning and Organizing, PC Operation, or Basic Electricity.
A minimum of one year of experience scheduling, organizing and coordinating construction/maintenance/installation activities in a shop, line office or similar function.
Experience as a Working Foreman, Estimator, Foreman, Engineering Technician, Underground Coordinator, Division Clerk, Lineman or Electrician.
~ The full job description is available on HRNet ~
o Click on Human Resources Home in the upper left corner of InsideSRP homepage.
o Locate the last bullet in the Employee Self Service section in the middle of HRNet homepage.
o Click on Hourly Bids or Salaried Bids “Quick View” option, find the requisition number and job title on the left under the bookmark job description, and click!
SRP - 17 months ago
One of the US's largest government-owned utilities, Salt River Project (SRP) provides Phoenix with two types of currents: electric and...