Job Listing Detail
Civil Engineering Technician
*Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
Listing Number: 9311-131C
For more information contact:
PO Box 890
Glendive , MT
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
- OR -
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
Glendive Materials Lab
Band 2 - Band 3
State Application Required:
$17,931.00 - $22,414.00
Additional Salary Information: Salary is based on education and experience. This position is covered by an advancement policy. See "Special Information Section" for more information.
Applicant Pool: If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
An offer of employment is contingent on a negative pre-employment drug test.
A valid Montana Driver's license is required.
Additional Hourly Salary Information. Salary is determined by relevant education and work experience:
Band 2: $10.77 to $12.12
Band 3: $13.04 to $14.42
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Driving Record Check
This position serves as a Civil Engineering Technician in the Glendive Materials Lab and is responsible for:
This position involves:
- applying various inspection, sampling, and testing procedures to verify that construction project features and materials conform with standard specifications
- assisting with staking and surveying logistics and performing a variety of other duties as assigned.
- significant physical demands related to repeated lifting of up to 80 pounds
- carrying survey equipment over rough terrain
- climbing and bending to retrieve samples
- extensive overnight travel throughout the District in excess of 2,000 miles per month (often on short notice, weekends, and holidays) and working outdoors in all types of weather.
The required knowledge, skills and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma including course work in algebra, geometry or trigonometry. Experience in highway construction is desirable but not required.
This position is covered by MDT Policy # 3-0193 "Civil Engineering Technician Advancement Policy".
Supplemental Questions: None Required
Additional Materials Required: None Required
State of Montana - 23 months ago