Chesapeake Energy Corporation is a proven, innovative leader in the natural gas and oil industry. We’ve also created a fun, stimulating work environment. In 2013 we landed on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the sixth consecutive year, ranking #26. CHK also ranks #9 on Computerworld magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT list. And now we’re looking for the best IT talent for an upcoming SAP implementation.
This position is responsible for development and support of SAP ABAP applications at Chesapeake Energy. The position will work with various business and technical teams to maintain SAP system functionality.
- Responsible for the technical architecture, design, coding, testing and object transports for large scale systems using SAP’s ABAP Development Workbench.
- Working with SAP functional analysts to design, update and maintain technology solutions for reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms and workflows using SAP technology.
- Develop, implement and maintain documentation of program development.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written by conducting appropriate research to accurately define scope.
- Perform quality assurance testing, including unit and regression testing in support of new functionality and releases.
- Facilitate external resources to adhere to CHK development standards and participate in knowledge transfer sessions to obtain knowledge of work.
- A professional, polished demeanor
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to grow effective team and peer relationships
- Demonstrated ability for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision (self-starter)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- SAP ECC 6 experience.
- Experience with SAP Netweaver, ABAP Web Dynpro, ADOBE Forms, Smartforms, ESS/MSS Portal
- Knowledge and experience in the FI/CO, MM, PM, SD, HCM modules.
- Solid experience with Oracle, PI, Java, HTML, XML and/or UNIX is a plus.
- Experience with Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP), Syclo or other mobile development platforms is a plus.
- Experience with DUET and Microsoft SharePoint integrations a plus.
- Oil and Gas business experience is a plus
Chesapeake Energy - 18 months ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 10th largest producer of oil and natural gas...