As a Junior Systems Administrator you will work as a member of the technology team to manage an infrastructure that processes tens of billions of transactions per month. You will work with other engineering and operations team members to develop, maintain, and optimize TRUSTe’s production, QA and development infrastructure. In this role you will have the opportunity to assist in the design of a cloud-based service architecture that supports TRUSTe’s next generation of products. This is a highly visible and challenging opportunity that will bring you to the next step in your career.
Design, build and maintain the Development, Test and Production environments using Cloud services.
- Ensure application performance in production to scale
- Update the data center infrastructure through automation for scaling the services and reducing costs.
- Ensure the SLA for TRUSTe services with a high-availability system design and production-monitoring plan.
- Ensure the security and integrity of TRUSTe’s cloud services
- Maintain cloud services in a disaster scenario
- Partner with Development on Continuous Integration & Application Deployment
- Updating the ProdOps documentation on the wiki
- Provide timely response to system alerts and participate in the on-call schedule.
- BSCS with 2-4 years experience.
- Linux (Ubuntu) server administration – debugging and resolving system/application issues.
- Developing Python, shell, or Perl scripts for automating routine tasks
- Nagios/Cacti configuration, set up and maintenance
- Ability to setup MySQL or PostgresQL database, troubleshoot DB issues & improve DB performance
- Ability to set up and maintain back up services.
- Working knowledge of Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Ability to configure and maintain webservers (e.g. apache & nginx), DNS servers, Firewalls, LDAP servers, and Tomcat servers
- Experience w/ Amazon Web Services
- Autoscaling, & use of Netflix Asgard
- ELB management,
- EBS storage management
- S3 management
- Ability to architect multiple data centers with failover capabilities
- Setting up Amazon EMR jobs
- Setting up Amazon Data pipeline jobs
- Setting up instances using Ubuntu Openstack (private cloud) for Dev/QA testing environments
TRUSTe is the market leader in data privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to safely manage the customer data required to power their online channels. We provide a broad range of software products and privacy certification services and are best known for our “green” Certified Privacy Seal - displayed on over 5,000 websites, including Apple, Disney, LinkedIn, Salesforce, and Zynga. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power marketing and advertising – and the demand from consumers and regulators for more control of data usage. Businesses use TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, increase sales, and maintain compliance.
We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), have a fun / vibrant work environment, and a great San Francisco location (4 th / Market; short walk to BART & Caltrain). Our San Francisco headquarters reflect our company's work hard, play hard mentality. We've got an outdoor ping-pong table and two spacious roof decks, a game room, a tranquility room to chill out in, and a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of caffeine and snacks to fuel your day. For after hours fun, join-in on regular company events and happy hours (did we mention we have a kegerator?). And, of course, we offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options, 401(k) with a match and full benefits.
TRUSTe - 11 months ago