Job Title Sr Accountant
West Chester - PA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
'Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for accounting, reporting and analyses of the Annuities and Closed Block Variable Annuity businesses (collectively, “Annuity”). The successful candidate will prepare and/or coordinate reconciliations, perform analyses, manage deliverables, support projects and contribute to the overall objectives of the Finance department. Expectations for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Assist with completeness and accuracy of Annuity components of US GAAP filings.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries as necessary.
- Work independently, as well as leverage the efforts and knowledge of others within the Annuity Finance group, to understand the accounting, systems and reporting of our business, as well as the differences among bases of accounting.
- Communications with other groups within Annuity, including Senior Management, as well as operations groups, USFS Finance and Risk Management.
- Create and maintain any metrics and/or reporting that will assist in the financial review and analysis of results.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley requirements or other process documentation where necessary, with a focus on identifying key risks and ensuring that adequate controls are in place.
- Support various IPO preparation efforts.
- Seek to make recommendations for improvements of work flow and systems to management.
- Address any noted operational risk management issues.
- Support fulfillment of audit requests from external audit, internal audit, state insurance departments or other regulatory authorities.
- Support ING broker-dealer reporting as necessary.
- Represent Finance in any cross-functional initiatives or projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What else can we tell you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, other professional designation and/or advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 – 7+ years accounting experience (insurance or financial services industry preferred).
- US GAAP reporting background is a plus.
- Solid PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Good planning, organization skills and attention to detail; self-motivated, proactive and able to prioritize, multi-task, adapt to a changing environment, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to independently research new and complex financial issues and develop conclusions.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Customer-focused with a commitment to building relationships and ensuring quality of work output.
The West Chester site offers free on-site parking, a full-service cafeteria, and an on-site gym, with free membership. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
Voya Financial Advisors
- 2 years ago - save job
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...