The Marketing Strategies Manager is a senior level marketing strategist responsible for defining, leading and managing the company’s innovative marketing and brand strategy. This leader will bring broad-based skills and experience to bear in building and expanding the company’s integrated brand and its integrity.
- Create, identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategies, based on knowledge of company brand proposition, objectives, and market characteristics.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of marketing strategy and tactics, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, collaborating with advertising and promotion managers within business units.
- Advise executive business unit leadership and others on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services. Actively engages with business unit executives to help guide marketing initiative decisions, spend and communications.
- Work with brand and product teams to create effective growth strategies harnessing the company’s delivery channels including web, store, and mobile.
- Design and lead marketing and sales campaigns that significantly increase market penetration and top of mind awareness.
- Provide strategic marketing leadership to “dotted line” reports within business unit marketing teams.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning methodologies to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business development activities and monitoring market trends.
- Initiate market research studies to most effectively target marketing and branding initiatives and assess products or services expected to be in demand.
- Design and conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
No relocation offered.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, or related equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10+ years of directly related experience with an emphasis on strategy development and implementation. Some agency background, a plus.
- Proven ability to directly manage a team and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective brand awareness strategies and tactics.
- Experienced in conceptual development of product promotions and brand campaigns.
- Proven track record effectively managing vendors to deliver on time and within budget.
- In-depth and successful experience utilizing a wide variety of social media vehicles.
- Experienced in working with multiple business lines and brands simultaneously.
- Able to interpret and analyze data to develop and adjust strategies and measure effectiveness.
- Experienced with both mass market and non-traditional marketing tactics. Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and influence decision-makers.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Umpqua Holdings thinks of itself not so much as a bank but as a retailer that sells financial products. Consequently, many of the...