Training members of Global Support is key to the success of NGS’s ability to provide world class support to our customers.
o The course delivery is for advanced troubleshooting content with extensive hands-on labs.
- As a Technical Instructor the primary role of this position will delivering technical training to Internal Support Engineers (L1 and L2 TSEs & EEs), Field Support Engineers, and Support Service Certified (SSC) Partners. Many deliveries will require travel.
o The instructor looking to fill this role will be comfortable teaching to all levels of students from those new to NetApp products to those with expert knowledge. Our challenge is to enable all of these students with new knowledge and skills to positively affect their abilities to perform their challenging job.
o Extensive NetApp and Storage industry technical background is required
o The ability to manage your own schedule and course preparation is critical to the role.
o The content of the training courses is collaboratively developed by the Global Support Subject Matter Experts & the GSLP Training team. A secondary function of this position will be to customize this existing content for internal and partner delivery. This may be independent work, or work with SMEs and/or Course Developers.
- Secondary responsibilities will include various tasks and projects related to the enablement of our internal and external customers (TSEs, EEs, Support Partners, SAMs, etc). Here are some of those potential projects:
o An individual who will fit this position will be able to work independently and on teams. They should be schedule and project focused. They will have the ability to manage projects while working with a virtual team and to see projects to completion. Virtual teams can be made up of SMEs, labs teams, instructors, and other course developers.
o Work on other knowledge related projects will be required as needed, such as Support Community, knowledgebase articles, mentoring, and Technical Triage Templates.
- The position also needs someone with a long term vision for the programs’ success, and can support the programs administrative needs and contribute in strategy definition and implementation Job Requirements • Experience and ability to successfully deliver advanced troubleshooting content with hands on labs
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills in English
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in class room management best practices
- Expertise in delivering instructor led, virtual online classes and moderating online class room sessions for advanced students on complex topics
- Ability to ramp up to teach technically advanced classes quickly, including technical areas where you are not already proficient
- Customize existing content by editing, further developing and production of existing content as needed
- Ability to self-study to stay up to date on knowledge & skills and remain current on top troubleshooting technical skills related to teaching assignments.
- Capability to work with current Senior subject matter experts and instructors and obtain agreement for instructional readiness
- Time and project management, collaboration and leadership skills
- Collect student feedback, analyze and suggest / plan course updates as necessary
- Ability to teach in another language is a plus
- Instructional Design knowledge a plus
- Travel Requirements on average will be about 25-50%, but may be more periodically. Applicant must own or have ability to acquire valid worldwide passport and be able to travel to major hubs.
- Flexibility to manage work during non-standard work hours
- Capability to work in a limited supervision environment with proactive attitude to influence long term success of the program Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in education, including several years of experience developing course materials.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a technical instructor in storage technologies, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of NetApp experience.
- A Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field such as Computer Science is required.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS, and UNIX (Linux) operating systems and device driver architectures.
- Experience or knowledge of the storage industry is desirable including NAS and San networking infrastructures, Fibre Channel protocols, and iSCSI.
- Background in any combination of:
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Exchange 2003)
- Networking (e.g. protocols, tools, terminology), CCNA, MCSE
- Routers, switches, and LAN/WAN configuration
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects. Posting Category Customer Support Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 22141BR
NetApp - 18 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....