The position will maintain a high standard of efficiency and safety in the performance of basic pipe recovery operations. The successful candidate will perform pipe recovery operations on drilling rigs and work over rigs, and use specific explosives and a variety of logging tools, e.g., free point tool, stuck pipe tool and noise temp.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Conducts the operation of a service unit to maintain a high standard of efficiency in the performance of basic pipe recovery operations
- Maintains intimate knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures in pipe recovery services relative to company equipment, tools, and practices to ensure maximum operating efficiency with a minimum of lost time
- Interprets job results for customer personnel and recommends service best suited to customer needs.
- Maintains assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition
- Promptly and accurately submits all required data, reports, job tickets, and summaries
- Must be able to pre load a job with no supervision
- Supervise the rig up and rig down of pipe recovery equipment; keep all pipe recovery equipment cleaned and maintained; supervise the repair and maintenance.
- Directs all activities of an assigned crew
- Correct obvious hazards or unsafe conditions and report those which cannot be immediately corrected to the District Manager
- Assignments must be carried out to the highest quality level
- Proficient in running and interpreting free point tool
- Able to back off casing, drill pipe tubing, and wash pipe
- Must be able to select the proper size string shot and put the correct amount of torque in the pipe
- Proficient in use of split shot, severance tools, and undersized tools
- Experience operating pipe and casing cutters, both chemical and jet
- Understand actions taken in different sticking situations, e.g., key seated, differential, under gauge hole, and mud stuck mechanical
- Knowledge of working top drive rigs
- Know how to repair and maintain associated equipment.
CDL Class B
- Weatherford HSE training
- Weatherford Certificates of completion for Radiation, Explosives, and Pressure Control
CDL Class A
- 1-5 years experience with Pipe Recovery work within the industry
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
Weatherford - 21 months ago
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...