JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
The Admissions Advisor is responsible for implementing the admissions process for national and international students. The employee will provide counsel and advice to prospective students regarding the advantages of attending Herzing. The employee reports to the Director of Admissions or the Associate Director of Admissions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Follow the enrollment process through the complete, accurate and timely completion of paperwork and applications.
2. Use approved introduction when making inbound or outbound calls to prospective students.
3. Gather prospective student contact information and confirms the accuracy of this data.
4. Keep the prospective student on task in telephone or face-to-face interactions by maintaining control of the conversation in order to present material in a concise, clear and understandable format.
5. Use CampusVue, Live Chat and other tools appropriately and in a timely manner to gather and input prospective student information.
6. Attend meetings and actively seek training to further individual performance objective. The employee will be receptive to feedback and direction.
7. Respond to inquiries for information about Herzing programs primarily through telephonic communication; secondarily through email and postal delivery.
8. Interview prospective students while defining their eligibility and suitability for the program(s) offered, describe Herzing services, discuss students interest and readiness for online learning, and address students potential schedule/time commitment and potential financial arrangements.
9. Assist the prospective student in the expeditious submission of a complete file (as proscribed along with the enrollment fee) for review and consideration.
10. Facilitate student and staff efforts in completion of education funding plan, including Financial Aid paperwork and supporting documentation.
11. Respond to inquiries for information about the college programs.
12. Ask and schedule appointments with prospects for personal interviews using scripted permission-based questions.
13. Interview prospective students to define their program of interest, to describe Herzing services, and to discuss the students potential future scheduling, time commitment involved, etc.
14. Schedule follow-up calls with prospective students when sending brochure information.
15. Follow all local, state, federal and Herzing guidelines as they apply to student admissions.
16. Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of all program offerings, policies and procedures.
17. Specialized duties may include supporting a specific university program such as Nursing.
18. O ther duties as assigned .
· Follows the enrollment process: Implements a step by step approach following established procedures so as to not overlook critical pieces of information.
· Completes paperwork and applications in a timely and accurate manner: Employee ensures accuracy and efficiency in submitting applicant information.
· Uses communication and technology tools appropriately and in a timely manner: Uses a number of tools to effectively communicate with prospective students. Conducts appropriate discussions with prospective students. Follows through on discussions with vital information and details until all questions are answered.
· Conducts in-person or phone interviews in an engaging and professional manner: Employee engages prospective students in conversation to build rapport and collect information. This information is then disseminated to the appropriate parties.
· Achieves a high level of student satisfaction: Capacity and commitment to anticipate student needs and consistently achieve high satisfaction scores from student surveys.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of CampusVue preferred.
- Availability to include regularly scheduled weekends and evenings between 8:00 AM through 9:00 PM CST Monday through Sunday.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Some college required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 year related work experience for Level I.
- 2 years related work experience for Level II.
- 3 years related work experience for Level III.
Herzing Educational System - 13 months ago