BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Performs payables duties for assigned vendors. This may include project and product related payables.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Code, verify and enter all documents into the company’s systems.
- Generate report of electronic data sent by vendor (EDI), review for accuracy, and correct inaccuracies where required.
- Identify errors within supplier’s invoice and correct by contacting supplier or Insight departments by e-mail or telephone.
- May process project-related invoices received from the SOA group.
- Match internal orders to POs and obtain approvals for payment.
- Assists in the reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts and monthly accruals.
- Assists in audits and other projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Answer all vendor inquiries; serve as finance liaison between other departments and suppliers to help resolve all differences.
- Approve all items for payment, request payment, and deliver per supplier requirements.
- Obtain account statement from supplier, generate reports, and analyze supplier accounts to ensure account accuracy and timely payment.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- SAP, Oracle or other payables programs
- Fortis or other scanning software
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system.
- Ability to understand and interpret supplier invoices, statements, and other manual documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- 10-key by touch.
Education and/or Experience:
The position requires all of the following:
In addition, the position prefers any of the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years of accounts payable experience.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university focused in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Information Technology, or related field.
- Two to three years of previous accounting or analytical experience; two to three years of accounting or analytical education or training; or some combination thereof
Our growth depends upon a commitment from our teammates. We’re legendary for taking care of our team—we want you around for the...