Job Title: Nurse Practitioner I - Full Time - Middletown Family Practice
Location: Middletown, DE
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation’s largest ( >1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To assist the physician in examining and treating patients including but not limited to initial nursing assessment vital signs immunization, and performing age appropriate test.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to independently review patient problems including, but not limited to medication refills, determining the need of follow up care and referring appropriately to the physician according to policy
- Assesses and documents patient and family response to intervention
- Demonstrates ability to carry out critical skill as outlined in procedures and specific standards
- Participates in chronic disease management of patient
- Establishes priorities based on patient needs and emergent care
- Identifies each patient prior to administering medications and providing care and treatment
- Performs technical skills and administers medications in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs all prescribed laboratory test, sends to appropriate laboratory, receives and interprets laboratory values, and notifies physician of results
- Provides patient education and counseling to patients and their families
- Provides supervision and direction to other team members; delegates task according to capabilities and scope of responsibilities
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices
- Reports to the appropriate personnel, in a timely fashion, any unsafe activities, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients, and visitors
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients), including knowledge of growth and development, that ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and provide the care needed
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
- Graduate from as approved School of Nursing and maintain state licensure as a Registered Nurse and as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- At least three years’ experience in a physician office setting preferred
Job Classification: Professional
Job Requisition #: 30563BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 20 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...