Unix/Linux System Administrator (Job Number: 318072)
SAIC currently has an opening for a Linux/UNIX Network Engineer to support a program in the Washington DC Metro, Huntsville, AL, O'Fallon, IL California, MD and Charleston, SC. A minimum of US Citizenship and able to obtain a Secret clearance is required. Relocation is not provided.
SAIC Business Unit currently has multiple openings for Linux and UNIX Systems Engineers. The Network Engineer will work in a constantly developing Data Center environment. This position is for an experienced network administrator/engineer; someone who wants to get their hands dirty and take on a challenge.
You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of Unix, Linux operating systems to:
- Perform activities including access analysis, design, database and load optimization, and system implementation offering direction and coordinating tasks;
- Interface with management, communicating status, challenges and schedule updates to ensure needs are being met;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT infrastructure, and technology portfolio;
- Responsible for overseeing the O&M of system version 1 Unix servers and network;
- Responsible for setup and deployment of the network solution for system version 2;
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce a system version 2 database plan; a strategic plan that is consistent with business needs;
- Participate in the development of technical security safeguards and operational security measures;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of control gates, security approval processes, documentation, and deployment processes;
- Manage implementation of database in all environments;
- Review, recommend and implement tools needed for database analysis, performance, development, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field is preferred with a minimum of 8 years experience; additional years or equivalent work experience as well as additional certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with VMware installation and maintenance;
- Knowledge of principles and methods used in obtaining maximum utilization of server technologies;
- Knowledge of multiple specialties such as operating systems, database platforms, storage technologies, or hardware support;
- In depth knowledge of Unix, Linux operating systems;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment;
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to articulately express complex technical concepts to technical and other staff;
- Ability to develop and present complex correspondence, technical documents, briefings and reports;
- Experience in implementing security requirements as they relate to networks;
- Willingness to be available to support operational servers 24X7
- Knowledge of existing CUSTOMER server technologies;
- Knowledge of CUSTOMER COMMUNITY organizations;
- Knowledge of CUSTOMER intelligence cycle/process;
- Experience with agile development methodologies;
- A strong understanding of network services such as Content Switch Management (CSM);
- An understanding of Virtual Server architecture and management;
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g, GoldenGate, or Red Hat;
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 13, 2012, 11:30:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...