This position will be assigned primarily to St. Joseph's Mercy Oakland in Pontiac, MI. The Clinical Liaison will represent TSLC facilities at the hospitals to facilitate seamless transfers of the patients from the hospitals to TSLC skilled nursing facilities. This role is crucial for the development of census in the TSLC communities.
· Representing the TSLC communities in the hospitals .
· Understanding of admissions process to the skilled nursing facilities.
· Collaboration with discharge planning staff at acute care hospitals.
· Collaboration with patient and or family regarding potential admission to skilled nursing facility.
· Review of patient medical records, and/or assessment of patient for appropriate level of care.
· Understanding of skilled nursing regulations.
· Completes and records comprehensive and accurate pre-admission assessment identifying medical, social and financial issues, and communicating them effectively to the communities.
· Coordination of actual discharge.
· Hospital rounds on potential admissions and on patients who have been transferred from our facility to the hospital, and reports progress to facility.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN in this state.
· Experience as a liaison, LTC nurse or case manager.
· Must be comfortable speaking/negotiating with discharge planners and insurance case managers.
· Understanding of various insurance methodologies, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care insurance.
· Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration; excellent communication skills; strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Superior customer service skills and professionalism; requires tact, insight and leadership skills
Trinity Senior Living Communities
- 2 years ago - save job