Co-op/Internship: Detection – Electrical Engineering (Fall)
This opportunity begins during the fall semester of 2013 (August/September). The preferred candidate will be able to fill this position as a co-op, completing 2-3 rotations (semesters) in this role, alternating between semesters in school and semesters at MSA. Ideal schedule will be: Fall 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015.
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Electrical engineering co-ops will develop engineering skills while working alongside experienced engineers in the Detection team. Depending on the stage of the design cycle and the specific products they work on, they may be involved in:
· Designing basic circuits
· Creating and/or reviewing basic software coding
· Designing and setting up experiments
· Documenting test results
· Assembling electrical and mechanical parts
· Coordinating engineering drawings
· Collaborating with international associates to complete project goals
· Gaining an awareness of budgetary, manufacturing and sourcing limitations
· Receiving feedback from marketing professionals on how products can better fit the needs of customers and determining how engineering skills can meet those needs
Education and experience required:
· Sophomore status or higher in an Electrical Engineering program.
· Testing experience a plus
MSA Safety Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
MSA Safety Inc. is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of sophisticated safety products, instruments, and services...