IN SEARCH OF QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO SERVICE CUSTOMERS IN THE FOLLOWING MARKETS - Washington D.C., No. Virginia, So. Montgomery Co.
Sysco is the largest marketer and distributor of foodservice products with nearly a quarter of a million foodservice customers across the U.S.A. and Canada. Locally our customers include delicatessens, elegant five-star restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, motels, colleges, universities, country clubs, as well as many other fine-dine-away-from-home establishments.
Our customers gain access to Sysco’s quality products, industry trends, and menu costing/planning services through the Marketing Associates we employ. Our MAs are responsible for generating, developing, and expanding sales in new and existing foodservice operations while aggressively seeking new accounts. Generally speaking our MAs visit ten to fourteen customers per day, collecting orders and servicing account needs. To service their accounts, our MAs use laptop computers to verify item availability and transmit orders directly to our facility. In addition, our Marketing Associates may demonstrate samples of new products, make suggestions for integrating products into the menu, and/or work with product specialists to develop a new menu concept or a restaurant theme.
The essential functions of the Marketing Associate position require that you be able to:
- Twist, stoop and bend
- Lift and carry product which could weigh up to 70 pounds on occasion
- Lift between 10-25 pounds daily
- Push/pull a cart that could weigh between 75-100 pounds two times per week
- Must have a Culinary Degree; or Bachelors Degree; or 4 years of working and/or business experience
- Must have one year of foodservice experience; or one year of direct sales experience; or an equivalent combination of foodservice experience and direct sales experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to use a laptop
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
- Medical/RX, dental, vision, paid vacation, Company paid life, long and short term disability insurance, 401k, discounted company stock purchase program, healthcare and dependent care FSAs, credit unions, education/tuition reimbursement program, free membership for onsite state of the art fitness center, direct deposit and more.
A drug screen and background investigation required post offer.
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...