This position establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, incident free, and healthy work environment.
Provide support for the North Slope Safety Manager as needed
- Build and maintain a high level of visibility in day-to-day operations in an effort to promote / enhance safety rapport with NMS employees.
- Provide field support to remote camps and facilities
Assists North Slope Safety Manager in determining OSHA 300 status of incidents.
- Provide oversight and support of tasks with potential impact on the Environment.
- Implements established safety policies and procedures.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding the design and use of equipment, shops, fire-prevention and safety programs. Assists managers and supervisors in developing and implementing local safety related systems and procedures.
- Inspects or tours organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, unsafe behaviors, recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Conducts studies and job safety analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Assist (lead where appropriate) with the planning and presentation of safety communication meetings
- Providing guidance on incident and near-miss investigation, recommends corrective action
- Participates in and assists supervisors in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining other related programs such as the loss control program
- Providing health and safety regulatory support
- Developing, reviewing and revising health and safety policies, procedures, programs and handbooks
- Devises, supervises, coordinates, and delivers various safety training classes, programs, or media. Assists supervisors with safety meetings and with PPE hazard assessments. Teaches various safety classes on a wide variety of topics throughout the North Slope Camp facilities.
- Supporting various committees as a resource that may exist at varied worksites; such as HSSE Steering Committees.
- Supporting industrial hygiene and health activities via monitoring/testing, safety inspections and auditing, reporting and documentation
- Identifying, assessing and recommending actions related to health, safety and emergency response issues
- Knowing and observing safe work practices
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences and exhibitions. Maintains safety files and records.
- Generate and promote ideas to improve HSSE performance.
- Provide assistance in planning and conducting required emergency drills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Background position ranking skill levels: Language skills sufficient to: 1) Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific & technical journals, financial reports, & legal documents. 2) Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or business community. 3) Write speeches & articles for publication that conforms to a prescribed style and format. 4) Present information to management, public groups & boards. Math skills sufficient to: 1. Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutations, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics. 2. Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Reasoning ability sufficient to: 1. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. 2. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Natural Sciences in any of the following areas: industrial hygiene, safety engineering, and/or business management OR An AA degree from a technical training school in a directly safety field and at least two years of experience may be substituted for the four year degree.
- At least two years directly related industrial safety experience involving multiple disciplines (maintenance, construction, housekeeping or food services, etc.)
- Computer skills and proficient with Excel, Word , PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and generally mange a heavy workload.
- Ability to effectively communicate and train operations personnel.
- Able to solve a broad range of complex problems
- One or more of these certificates highly desirable: Occupational Safety and Health Technician, Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Registered Sanitarian.
- A working knowledge of CFR 49 , CFR 29, CFR 40, NFPA, International Fire Code, International Building Code, ASME, ANSI , AKOSH regulations, and basic Industrial hygiene techniques and principles.
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Must be able to travel as needed.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/Salaried
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. As this is a salaried position, it may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
NMS USA - 21 months ago