The Sr. Director, Marketing Communications is responsible for leading all global activities and resources related to the successful execution of the Marketing Communications function. The Sr. Director, Marketing Communications develops and drives Veeco’s marketing communications strategies for all markets and regions. Key responsibilities include overseeing the development and execution of branding, collateral, on-line marketing, web presence, newsletters, seminars, trade press articles and events. The Sr. Director, Marketing Communications manages all details for major events, including appropriate tradeshows, conferences and speaking engagements. The individual works closely with Product Marketing and Sales to drive successful product launches and coordinate all ongoing marketing communications initiatives for inside and field sales teams. The Sr. Director, Marketing Communications manages all marketing communications programs to budget, providing detailed metrics to demonstrate progress toward Veeco’s objectives.
The successful candidate will bring extensive industry experience to this role and will possess exceptional communications skills, creative talent, and a track record of successful marketing communications leadership. This is a hands-on, highly visible leadership role – responsible for strategy, implementation and execution.
This position will report to the Sr. Vice President, Marketing and will be located in Plainview NY or Somerset NJ. Direct reports will initially include one marketing communications specialist.
The Sr. Director, Marketing Communications is responsible for:
- Providing hands-on leadership and translating business objectives into measurable communications programs.
- Establishing and creating high impact marketing product collateral packages to support sales growth activity.
- Setting the tone for the overall branding of the Company and its products and ensuring consistency throughout all materials and to all customers.
- Planning, budget management, marketing/media-mix, messaging and creative content.
- Developing key performance indicators and managing ongoing reporting of marketing communications metrics to gauge performance, optimize initiatives, establish best practices and provide key insights.
- Managing and optimizing vendor relationships.
- Developing special “customer focused” events such as user meetings for key accounts in alignment with direction from Sales leadership.
- Acting as primary point of contact and Company representative with the media.
- Assisting in market research activities in collaboration with product marketing teams.
- Supporting the development and execution of PR strategies to stimulate awareness, create interest, and drive preference for Veeco products and services.
- Increasing influence and action through social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated and assertive marketing communications leader capable of developing, implementing and driving the Company’s global marketing communications strategy. Specific skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or technical degree with strong communication skills required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 12+ years of directly relevant marketing communications leadership experience in high tech capital equipment, including 5+ years of management experience.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills; strong presenter and comfortable working with the media.
- Strong creative skills and a flair for messaging, promotion and branding; experienced with the latest marketing, communications and social media developments and can anticipate what will/will not work in our business.
- Demonstrated ability in developing strong brand identity and marketing collateral.
- Global marketing communications experience preferred; Asia market experience a major plus.
- Success managing and actively contributing to multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects. Take initiative and maintain composure in stressful situations. Anticipate and resolve roadblocks.
- Can flex from strategic to tactical – taking initiative in any area required to support the business.
- Proven leadership, management and team-building skills.
- Effective analytical and influence skills.
- Approximately 25 - 30% travel, including international.
Veeco - 17 months ago
Veeco’s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLEDs, solar cells, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS...