The Mixer/Mill Operator is responsible for batching of mixed meal in alignment with the Production Schedule to keep the extruders running. The Operator must be aware of current plus next shifts requirements and alert the Shift Manager of any issues in Inventory. They ensure the product matches the formula and that we are producing safe and in-spec product.
The Mixer/Miller Operator is responsible for maintaining the sanitation and safety of their work environment and complies with all GMP's. They keep track of inventory of major and minor ingredients and alerts their Manager of any issues (quality, inventory, etc.).
1. Review the batching line-up several times daily and address any priority changes as needed.
2. Monitor and ensure proper batch formulas are being used. Ensure that all production meets formula and batching requirements.
3. Monitor grind quality a minimum of 3 times per hour.
4. Coordinate with Extruder Operators to ensure production schedule is met and extruder downtime is minimized.
5. Monitor and document downtime by cause.
6. Hand weigh out minor ingredient per formula and ensure compliance.
7. Safely and efficiently operate the Mill Room equipment to include batching procedures, reporting requirements and using proper lockout/tagout procedures.
8. Monitor inventory of major and minor ingredients and inform Supervisor of any potential issues.
9. Maintain the sanitation expectations of the Mill Room.
10. Ensure FIFO of bagged ingredients.
11. Troubleshoot issues to ensure continued efficiency and productivity of the plant.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Standing on a concrete floor
Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs
Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
Be 18 years of age or older
Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
Knowledge of inventory control principles
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...