SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Direct the development of new software programs, applications, data warehouses, and business intelligence reports. Plan the phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects and initiatives. Prepare documentation of custom application software requirements and specifications. Research and document the requirements of software users. Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades to custom applications. Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications. Assist in the development and implementation of a data warehouse and business intelligence reporting system. Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing custom applications for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process. Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines, including thorough documentation of coding and application deployment. Work with other members of the IT department to install applications on ESGW servers and/or desktops.
- Effective Systemic Leadership
- Supervise and Direct Staff
- Ensures staff is providing services within the scope of their practice.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork via staff meetings, ongoing/hands on supervision and regular verbal/written communication.
- Provides regular staff meetings and in-service training regarding safety issues, proper lifting, transfer techniques, therapy strategies, clinical practice issues, regulation and reimbursement issues and other topics to enhance knowledge/ abilities.
- Ensures staff documentation and other practice requirements are completed appropriately and in timely matter. Addresses variances/concerns before they become problematic.
- Communicates program or staffing needs to supervisor.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, evaluates and recommends discharge of personnel, as necessary (including interns and volunteers). Has the authority to hire and recommend discharge of these staff as necessary in accordance with ESGW NRM policies and procedures. Trains qualified staff. Ensures HR paperwork and staff orientation/training is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures staff meets mandatory training requirements within time frames required.
- Develops, writes and communicates necessary policies and procedures to assure adherence to acceptable management, program service, fiscal and accounting standards and standards of good personnel practice.
- Ensures staff meets performance measurements as outlined in the programs balanced scorecard on a monthly basis. Develop action plans to correct programmatic issues that hinder the program from meeting contract measurements.
- Develops, writes and communicates necessary policies and procedures as required to assure adherence to acceptable program standards.
- Treats associates with respect, including completing accurate job descriptions, performance logs, timely evaluations and associate goals.
- A willingness to move between creative and administrative tasks when required
- Creates, monitors, objectively follows effective systems.
- A willingness to move between creative and administrative tasks when required.
- Acts as a resource for information, guidance and tools.
- Demonstrates competency in technical and soft skills.
- Communicates effectively both written & orally.
- Attends all company provided training. Schedules regular staff meetings that improve communication with staff.
o Provides technical job-related training and career development opportunities to staff.
- Attends all company provided training.
- Completes all required safety activities.
- Ensures all newly hired direct reports have (4) safety trainings within first month of hire.
- Ensures all health and safety policies are developed, maintained & followed.
- Follows all safety rules and requirements of the organization. Does not behave in a careless manner.
- Responsible for safety of direct reports.
- Promotes a strong safety culture.
- Assists in keeping vehicles clean and maintained at all times.
- Custom applications.
- Designs, develops and maintains efficient custom applications. Insures applications function properly and are accessible to authorized users.
- Installs and maintains new and existing software as assigned.
- Database Management
- Designs, develops and maintains database applications.
- Develops relational database reports from SQL databases for end users.
• Ability to travel and move independently or with reasonable accommodations within the facility and community, availability of a vehicle, ability to communicate clearly and to work overtime as needed.
• Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
This job description is subject to review or revision on an annual basis or when a change in job duties occurs. It is not intended to be all inclusive in terms of job detail. ESGW NRM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging applications from women, minorities, disabled, and veterans of the U. S. Armed Services
Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc - 9 months ago