North Slope Field Engineer
SCOPE: Direct Accountabilities:
HSE and Training
- Participate in the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) process either by being observed or performing observations
- Maintain a constantly up-to-date required training status
Budget & Cost
- Add early construction input into all design phases
- Coordinate constructability reviews and follow-up and ensure constructability issues are worked through closure.
- Participate in the Readiness Planning process for areas of assigned responsibility or consultation
- Attend weekly A&OI planning meetings to coordinate Operations and Construction activities
- Run weekly (or as often as needed) SIMOPS/ schedule coordination meeting with Construction Contractor/ Operations and all involved Contractors or organizations
- Assist Construction Supervisor in the review of ROM estimates
- Act as a SAP reviewer of PCR’s, and ensure the PCR’s are reviewed in a timely manner
- Monitor Contractor trend log and assist in ensuring compliance with project services guidelines established for the project
Turnover & Startup Support
- Review and respond to all RFIs. If engineering rework is required the RFI is to be sent to the respective Project Engineer for answer, otherwise work with the Technical Authority either at Kuparuk or in town to resolve the issue.
- Facilitate review and completion of SDR’s with Technical Authority/ respective Project Engineer
- Supervise engineered design and field changes to ensure changes are captured on CPAI drawings and communicated to all parties, monitor process changes that may affect PHA PPR’s
- Supervise the Redline and Asbuilt process in accordance with EPDRM
- Assist Operations with planning of integrated program schedule and coordination of work with all necessary contractors or organizations
- Assist program scheduler, contractor scheduler, and CPAI town scheduler for complete understanding and coordination of work
- Assist Startup Engineer in coordinating start-up activities e.g. review of PSI change log and PHA PPR’s
- Communicate with in town Project Engineer to ensure completion of PHA PPR’s for RFO
- Participate in Project Completion walk downs
- Participate in PCS process to assist Construction Contractor in completion and understanding of PCS items
- Review RFI’s and ensure all applicable redline drawings have been received
- Verify applicable documentation is loaded to project SharePoint site
- Ensure Engineering Lessons Learned are updated in the Lessons Learned data base
- Coordinate OS&D materials with CPAI Material Coordinator, Contractor and Construction Supervisor to ensure shorts or damaged items are replaced in time to support the construction schedule.
- Review Contractor BOM’s to ensure materials meet CPAI and design specifications.
- As additional risks are identified, coordinate with respective Project Engineer to ensure they are added to the risk register.
Preferred mechanical engineering background; other disciplines considered when supported with arctic field engineering experience – 10 to 15 years desired.
- Contribute to weekly Contractor Safety Management, craft safety, and daily toolbox meetings
- Support the CPAI Behavior Based Safety (BBS) processes by training as a BBS Observer (WINGS, BEAR, and/or HAWKS)
- Participate in incident investigations associated with assigned projects or in support of other members of the CPO Construction Management Group as required by the CPAI Incident Investigation Policy
- Comply with Operations Management of Change (MoC) procedures
- Be a leader in HSE performance by participating in Zero Incidence Culture
- Assist in the review of construction activities in conjunction with the activities of other field based CPAI groups and their Contractors (e.g. Well Services, Drilling, Field Services, Camp Services etc.)
- Assist in the development of resolutions to Contractor performance and plan revision issues as they arise during the execute phase
- Assist to ensure the smooth turnover of completed projects to Operations, including the completion of a Start-Up Status Checklist where applicable.
- Assist in the Coordination of FCO and Start-Up activities including involvement by vendors, other contractors, Operations, and Engineering Contractors
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with CPAI criteria, specifications, and standards, and that it meets the client’s expectations/needs
HSE (Note specific training requirements): NSTC required. Training for site-specific Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program will be provided by CPAI.
Swift Oil and Gas - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -