Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The position of Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing service and repair activities and technical support of a medical device to our customers via phone and e-mail. In addition, this position will provide support to our quality and operations departments and assist in medical device documentation. This position is located at the Bard Electronic Systems location in Warrendale, PA. This position reports to the Service Department Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
· Primary technical contact for customer issues. Able to understand and document issues. Follows up with options and proposed solutions.
· Coordinates customer issues with Field Assurance and Customer Service.
· Investigates, and documents complaints and RGAs within QA system.
· Provides customers with spare parts and repair pricing based on Field Assurance and Customer Service Guidance.
· Investigates and repairs returned equipment.
· Tracks customer owned equipment through the Service/Complaint handling system and reports status to customer.
· Participates in the development of documentation for field support including Service Manuals, Troubleshooting Guides etc.
· Develops and maintains primary contacts at all accounts. Contacts accounts periodically to monitor satisfaction level and provide assistance.
· Travels to key accounts and distributors to perform contracted service when required.
· Develops and performs Sales team, customer, and distributor service training.
· Develops and manages refurbishment procedures when changes occur.
· Will assist in the support of Quality and Regulatory to ensure systems are in compliance with all internal and external guidelines.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering technology or similar discipline and minimum of 3-5 years experience in a field support role.
• Medical Device or Biomedical Engineering experience a plus.
• A detailed understanding of quality systems within an FDA regulated environment.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting electronics and hydraulic circuits.
- Able to communicate technical solutions to customers.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and recommend actions.
- Writing skills sufficient to write technical reports, the process taken towards resolution, and results.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
C. R. Bard - 23 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...