Must have link to on-line portfolio!!!
This position is accountable for supporting the Graphics
Department with both web and print based tasks. This
includes performing copy and image updates for all
company websites (both static html and CMS driven) as
well as layout maintenance and splash page creation
(e.g. interactive landing pages on brand websites and
supporting sites, email marketing templates, etc.). This
position will also be responsible for making updates to
existing marketing collateral (both InDesign and Quark
1. Website maintenance including layout, text and image
using HTML and CSS.
2. Front-end development of promotional landing pages,
other custom (non-templated) pages or websites. Projects
will be taken over from the end of the design stage
through the development cycle and live deployment.
3. Creation/ resizing of static and animated web banners
based on approved creative.
4. Responsible for the programming and deployment of all
HTML email marketing communications (promotions, press
releases, notifications, etc.) This includes slicing of
PSD files from the graphics department to prepare them
for email deployment.
5. Updating of all brand marketing collateral InDesign
and Quark documents.
6. Ability to work quickly and efficiently to keep up
with a rigorous design/development schedule.
7. Maintain clear and constructive communication with
other designers and marketing department, who have
varying degrees of programming comprehension, to
thoroughly capture any programming requirements needed
to meet or exceed expectations
8. Adeptness to “own” projects through completion and
continually maintain responsibility.
- Bachelors or associates degree in graphic design,
web design or related field of study (1-2 years
professional experience a plus)
- Portfolio of prior work is required (online and
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to hand code standards compliant, table-less
HTML/CSS as well as table based HTML for use in email
• Expertise using Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash
and InDesign with a knowledge of web optimization of
images as well as Quark
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Demonstrate initiative
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Visual design/typography skills
- Familiarity with any or all of the following is a
• Best practices for Email Marketing
• HTML 5 / CSS 3
• Development for Facebook, Joomla or Wordpress