Amazon is looking for an experienced and accomplished photography manager to play the leadership role in defining breakthrough imagery solutions for our studio in Greater Louisville, KY. The incumbent will bring innovation to high volume photographic workflows, reducing the operational cost while improving the quality of imagery produced. The Photography Manager is required to stay at the forefront of imagery within online retailing, ensuring that Amazon is ahead of the curve and ready to incorporate relevant solutions into the customer experience. The successful candidate will be required to understand the larger business strategy while overseeing the global implementation details of new imagery standards, technologies and equipment.
In this role the qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a team of photographers and assistants working in a high-volume, fast-paced photo studio. Responsibilities include leading process and aesthetic innovations that drive sales and deliver a world class customer experience, project management, and employee development. The position requires close collaboration with a large international team of studio and imaging operations managers.
- 10+ years working in a leadership role in a creative environment, with an emphasis on e-commerce studio photography
- A commercial photography portfolio that demonstrate expertise in applied techniques and a working knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics.
- A 4-year degree in commercial photography and/or related field.
- Advanced-level proficiency of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing a team.
- Working knowledge of still and moving imaging software for both Mac and PC platforms
- Proficient on both the Macintosh (OSX) and PC computing platforms.
- LEAN or Six Sigma process improvement experience.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...