Environmental Center of Expertise Specialist-Geismar, LA-1300262
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provide environmental expertise in the areas of air, water and solid and hazardous waste management to BASF's businesses, operations and customers across North America.
- Develop environmental programs and processes to support compliance with national, state and provincial regulatory requirements and improve performance.
- Develop and maintain systems to monitor changes in regulatory requirements and determine applicability of those requirements to BASF facilities and businesses.
- Develop effective permit strategies, negotiate with regulatory agencies and obtain environmental permits necessary to maintain BASF’s license to operate and to support new and modified operations at all manufacturing and research facilities in North America.
- Develop communications on environmental issues, incidents, performance and regulatory developments, including appropriate audiences, communication platforms as well as execution of communication plans (example: Advisories & Alerts, ZIM-Grams, etc.).
- Develop and/or deliver specific environmental training for the BASF North America community; coordinate with the EHS expert resources to provide technical content to training programs, including computer-based training.
- Function as a member of the Manufacturing Site Services Team (NTU/S) in providing expertise support to the Hubs as part of the shared services platform.
- In conjunction with business needs and strategies, develop and implement advocacy strategies that advance positions designed to improve BASF’s competitive advantage.
- Engage in external committees and trade association meetings of topical interest on behalf of BASF. Provide input as well as identify and derive opportunities based on the experiences from external engagements.
- Provide key environmental interface for BASF with external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, customers, trade associations, consultants, vendors and non-government organizations
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Must have a BS degree; Degree in Engineering or Science is preferred
- Must have at least 8 years of experience implementing environmental programs in a regulatory environment
- Extensive Air Quality Management regulatory and permitting expertise is required
- Experience working with regulatory agencies (negotiation skills) is required
- Technical experience in pollution control is desired
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates strong organizational awareness
- Ability to resolve most complex problems through work activities
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is useful
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTU-Environment, Health & Safety
BASF - 17 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance...