The Solution Architect will work closely with the SQL Platform team to understand requirements and needs of new technology and will be responsible for assessing risk and capabilities of potential solutions. Additionally, the architect will provide senior level expertise and support for Windows servers throughout the NBCUniversal enterprise. This position will serve as the overall subject matter expert for Windows and provide backup support to the Linux and Unix solution architects. The architect will also partner with Application Owners and peers in the Compute organization to identify, analyze and provide solutions as needed to maintain the integrity of the tech stack throughout the enterprise.
- Senior level expertise managing Windows Server 2003, 2008, and newer
- Senior level expertise with Microsoft SQL server
- Prior experience administering VMWare solutions
- Ability to support Red Hat, Oracle, SUSE Enterprise Linux
- Prior working knowledge and ability to support applications from a wing to wing technology perspective (Storage, Backups, Network, Operating System, Maintenance and Application).
- Establish, document, and publish technology standards documents for new technology.
- Collaborate with our Build teams on evaluation of emerging technologies, both hardware and software, that fit our ever changing business requirements and our overall goals for compute cloud offerings
- Participate as a subject matter expert, with a primary focus on Microsoft technology
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the current environment
- As technology stack evolves, solution programs to align existing environments to technology stack.
- Participate in the design process to understand customer, business and technical objectives and product requirements as a partner with our Build and Application support teams.
- Participate in POC initiatives and provide assessment to leadership
- Maintain security and SOX compliance standards in architected solutions Qualifications/Requirements • 7+ years’ experience with Windows server in an enterprise engineering/design/analysis/implementation/administration and troubleshooting role.
- 2+ year’s professional experience with Red Hat Linux in an enterprise engineering/design/analysis/implementation/administration and troubleshooting role.
- Prior experience and expertise supporting VMWare.
- 5+ year’s Extensive experience working with hardware/software vendors for addressing issues.
- Minimum 3 year Experience working with EMC SAN and NAS devices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues efficiently and effectively to provide rapid resolution.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to work in Universal City California or Englewood Cliffs NJ.
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation. Desired Characteristics • Experience with configuration management, CMDB and automation tools from HP and BMC
- Technical understanding of basic network services including DHCP, DNS, and AD
- Technical understanding of firewall technology
NBC Universal - 19 months ago
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...