The Administrative Assistant will support Sales and Purchasing for our Newark NJ Plates and Shapes Location
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Processing sales leads and assuring leads are directed to the appropriate staff member.
- Phone contacts to augment the efforts of the sales staff as needed.
- Processing sales data, sales progress reports and other sales related records and reports.
- Data entry to track the delivery of sales literature, product samples and other necessary services to customers as directed by the sales staff or management.
- Answers telephone calls, conveys messages, and monitors the flow of e-mail.
- Answers routine product questions and directs questions to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to assigned Sales Executives.
- Maintain and update databases.
- Manage inbound and outbound inquiries and schedule follow-up.
- Make recommendations regarding process improvements which promote efficiency, team strategies and effective communication.
- Processes departmental purchase requisitions and prepares purchase orders
- Confers with departments to clarify purchasing needs, specifications, and standards
- Confers with vendors on substitutions, equivalents, delivery schedules, delivery discrepancies
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply the needs of material
- Effective proactive liaison between manufacturing and vendors to solve claims and discrepancies of delivered materials and new demands of products and services
- Evaluates daily purchasing reports and identify needs of material to be purchased according to company policy
- Prepares and processes requests for quotes and requests for proposals for the purchase of material
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High School Graduate
- Must have 5 years’ experience in a fast paced heavy industrial environment.
- Must have 3-5 years previous job experience with customer service or sales support experience.
- Excellent PC Skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone skills and computer knowledge with proficiency in database management and word processing.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization effectively.
Indeed - 16 months ago